1. What do we want to achieve when delivering a Statement of Welcome?
2. Mr. Jones and Ms. Lee are staying at your property for the weekend. This is their first visit and they are there to celebrate Ms. Lee’s birthday. They have a lunch reservation at noon. Which statement below demonstrates a genuine and natural show of care to acknowledge their purpose of visit?
“Ms. Lee, I see that you are celebrating your birthday this weekend. We would like to upgrade you to a suite on compliments from the hotel.” “Mr. Jones and Ms. Lee, welcome to the hotel! Please enjoy your stay with us.” “Welcome to the hotel! We are so happy that you have chosen to stay with us. Ms. Lee, on behalf of everyone in the hotel, we would like to wish happy birthday and many happy returns! Please enjoy your lunch at the Conservatory later.” Do not say anything, it might be a surprise
3. Which statement below demonstrates a proactive way to offer a thoughtful, anticipatory service?
“We have a business center on the first floor if you need any printing or faxing services.” “I understand time may be of an essence on your business trip. May I arrange a car for you to travel to your conference venue?” “Would you like me to arrange transportation during your stay?” “How are you enjoying your stay?”
4. What should be included in a hotel orientation?
It is alright to mention only one facility as long as it is highly personalized It is essential that we introduce the entire property as we need the guest to understand what is offered The facilities mentioned should be of a balanced variety and include helpful information without overwhelming the guest Don’t tell the guest anything, they should have read the website
5. What should the front desk agent do when the guest declines a room escort?
Offer a quick and helpful room orientation by highlighting the main and hidden features Invite the guest to call the operator if they have any questions Ask the bell person to follow the guest as it is imperative for you to escort them to the room Tell the guest they must have one and offer to meet them outside their room in 15 minutes